BT is one of the world's leading providers of communications solutions and services in 170 countries around the world.
We are a major provider of national and international telephone services, broadband internet, TV, public Wi-Fi, products for the home and the office, not to mention BT Sport.
We offer many routes into employment, the two main ones for young people are through our Apprenticeship or Graduate Schemes, where you will be trained on all aspects of the role and get fantastic development opportunities across the business.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world. We bring together the best networks and technology with the expertise of our people, who are passionate about what they do. Our culture is about helping people flourish, perform to their best and maximise their contribution to the business.
We support equality and diversity and we make sure everyone’s contributions count. Our employment opportunities are based solely on ability, qualifications and suitability – because valuing diversity is good for our customers, our people and our business.
We’ve also got a long history of volunteering, and we encourage our people to use three work days per year to take part in volunteering activities of their choice. They are perfect opportunities to network, gain valuable experiences and do something that makes a difference.
An interesting unknown fact about your organisation?
- We have a Global workforce of nearly 88,000 people and around 73,000 people in the UK
- We have over 5 million public BT Wi-Fi hotspots in the UK and Ireland
- We are responsible for approximately 28 million telephone lines in the UK
- The BT Tower is one of the world’s biggest TV broadcasting hubs, carrying 6,000 hours of TV a day.
- We helped to make the London 2012 Games the most connected games ever, by delivering the footage on your TV screens and communications at the Olympic Park and athletes’ village.
- BT is working with e-Skills UK and The National IT Partnership (NITP) to deliver ‘National Skills Academy for IT Gold Standards’ apprenticeships. Together we are working to create 550 new IT apprenticeship jobs in small and medium companies.
Our apprenticeship scheme has been delivered for over 50 years, and currently offers the following apprenticeship frameworks: Business Administration, Customer Service, Financial Services, HR, Management, Sales, Learning & Development, Power, IT, ICT and Telecoms.
Apprenticeship recruitment typically takes place between January and September. For information and to apply, visit http://www.bt4me.co.uk
Graduates are also a key source of talent for BT. We recruit graduates into many different roles including: Technical, Finance, Legal, HR, and Project Management.
Recruitment onto the graduate programme is between February and September. Information and how to apply are available at www.btgraduates.com
Links to website:
Careers site: http://www.bt4me.co.uk