In today’s world you need to plan well in advance for that dream job in the information and technology industry. It can be a difficult time to make a decision about where you want to study and your future career. Universities, apprenticeships and colleges all come with their pros and cons and offer a variety of business management and information technology courses/subjects. Break down your research into two categories: the pathway (i.e. through apprenticeships, Universities, colleges or work experience); and the subject, course or degree.
What the ITMB course can do for you
The Information technology management for business degree (ITMB) has just released its first public website. It features ITMB facts, figures, news, photographs and videos.
The ITMB has been provided by e-skills UK. IT Management for Business BSc (ITMB) is the course of choice for those who want to set themselves on the road to a rewarding career in IT. If you want to develop in-demand technical skills and also the wider business skills that employers value, then this is the course for you.
The course is supported by over 60 employers and being delivered to over 1,200 students in 14 universities across England and Wales and its popularity is rocketing: the number of applications is rising by an average of 24% a year.
Facts and figures
• Great employment outcomes for graduates: of those who graduated in 2011, 100% were in work or further study within 6 months of graduation (85% in work and 15% in further study).
• Graduates found jobs in some of the world’s most prestigious companies including Apple, British Airways, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Fujitsu, Goldman Sachs, Google, HP, IBM, John Lewis, Microsoft, Proctor & Gamble, Shell.
• Here come the girls: 33% of students on the degree are female – more than double the proportion you normally find on IT courses.
• Superb grades: 82% of 2012 graduates achieved a 2:1 or 1st class degree, compared to 51% across all other Computing graduates.
• More than just an ordinary degree course: as well as the lectures and seminars you would expect, you will also get extra support from employers including attendance at events, CV clinics, employer-supported projects, work placements and ‘guru lectures’ from senior executives and inspirational role models from some of the UK's most prestigious companies and successful start ups.
Get ahead and click on the link http://www.itmb.co.uk/